Monday, October 12, 2015

It's been awhile!

Wow, time flies when you are having fun.  Well, working, farming, working, and more farming.  I suppose I should share some photos of the action!  My brother Chris got married last month to his wonderful fiance Tonimaree.  I had the honor and pleasure of making her bridal bouquet.  It was my very first!  I went big on it as you can see.
 I filled it with lisianthus, tuberose, dahlias, pokeberry, eucalyptus, salvia leucantha, chasmanthium, and mint.
 I had to take bathroom shots as they had the best lighting in the house, ha ha!
 This is a centerpiece I made for a wedding last Sunday.
This is a bridal bouquet for last Sunday's wedding.  I never met or spoke with the bride, yikes!  I hope she was happy!

I have thousands of bulbs coming in a few weeks.  2000 tulips, hundreds of daffodils, allium, fritillaria, leucojum, brodiea, camassia, etc.  Plus, over 100 peonies, and a bunch of astilbe and white dicentra.  I'll be planting until it snows!

We are in the process of filling the front yard with hydrangea.  I didn't realize how many I had, wowza!  Around 12 varieties and easily over 100 shrubs.  They are worth the investment though as they are very commonly used in wedding work.  We also put in over 50 clematis vines in the backyard.

We just got a light frost last week but it didn't hurt much.  The next frost will be coming soon. I'm looking forward to clean up and getting back to planning for next year.  

It hasn't been the season I hoped or planned for but luckily every failure is a huge lesson.  I'll be an expert in no time!

1 comment:

  1. We continue to receive gushing feedback from our guests about this place. The manager and his team from wedding venues really went above and beyond to ensure a seamless, special and magical event. I felt we got really lucky when we found out this space.

    ReplyDelete